Oh happy day! A new bike moved in with me today, a 1977 Kawasaki KZ750B. It’s a bit of a hit or miss because it’s been stuck in a garage since 1989 but I’m staying positive.
3rd attempt to make a battery box, this time everything went OK but the finish is poor. My challenge is to create a self locking box since I don’t weld aluminium hence the slightly odd cuts on the sides that creates a combined bracket and a joint to keep the box from cracking open. If i get some time I might go at it again…
Seat pan and wiring box completed and fitted. Frame needs some paint and the tank needs to come down a tad bit. Really happy with the progress so far. That 18 inch rear looks so much better. Next up - battery box.
Welded the support bracket and the cross bars for the luggage rack. Completed the seat pan and the wiring box, it’s getting there.
Oh the feeling when something fits perfectly. I made a smart quick release for the seat pan which also locks the wiring box in place.
I got my rear wheel today and wow, it really made the bike so much more balanced. I also got busy bending metal and turned my cardboard mockup into an aluminum box under the seat for all wiring. It’s like cutting butter using a sticksaw in alu-plate.